Monday, January 30, 2012

My husband, Craig and I are preparing to serve our first senior mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We have been called to serve at the Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Temple. We will serve for 18 months. Yesteday we gave farewell talks at the Magna Ward. We were blessed to have my sister Mary Ann and her hubby there. Also my 7 children and 14 of my 16 grandchildren. In addition many friends from our past and present were there. We were blessed to have many of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple there to support us. Craig and I have served with them for quite a while now and will miss them all so very much. One very special guest was Al DuLong, he was baptized when I served in the New England Mission over 40 years ago. It was a day that I will remember always.

3 comments:

  1. This is the Temple that is closest to our Branch. The Sydney, Nova Scotia Branch. Our next Branch Temple trip is March 3, 2012. I hope to have the privilege to meet you at that time. God bless you in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to meeting Karen. We actually won't get back there till March 17th. But I hope that we meet soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad we were able to see you before you left. What a beautiful family you have.

    ReplyDelete