Monday, July 9, 2012

It was a wonderful week. The icing on the cake was celebrating my birthday Sunday, July 8th. It was a quiet day, but hubby helped cook dinner and it was nice. I got to speak to all of my children. My brother called and sang happy birthday to me.

We also had zone conference with new Mission President Leavitt. He and his wife are just wonderful and filled with the spirit. 

We are memorizing the following:

My Missionary Commission , by Elder Bruce R. McConkie:
I am called of God.
My authority is above that of kings of the earth.
By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him-to stand in His place, to say and do what He would do and say if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.
My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.
My commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living, modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of His great and marvelous latter-day work.
How great is my calling!


and  the Standard of Truth by Joseph Smith:

The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persectuions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forward boldly, nobly and independent, tiell it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.



A week ago, July 1st,  was Canada day, at church we sang  O, Canada it was very moving.

The words:

1. O Canada! Our home and native land!
    True patriot love in all thy sons command.
    With glowing hearts we see thee rise the True North,
    strong and free.
    From far and wide, O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
    God keep our land Glorious and free!

Chorus: O Canada we stand on guard for thee, 
             O Canada! We stand on guard for thee.

2, O Canada! Where pines and maples grow.
    Great prairies spread and lordly rivers flow.
    How dear to us they broad domain
    From East to Western sea!
    Thou land of hope for all who toil!
    Thou True North strong and free.

Chorus:

3. O Canada! Beneath thy shining skies
    May stalwart sons and gentle maidens rise
    To keep thee steadfast through the years
    From East to Western sea,
    Our own beloved native land,
   Our True North strong and free.

Chorus:

4. Ruler supreme who hearest humble pray'r,
    Hold our Dominion in thy loving care.
    Help us to find, O God; in thee
    A lasting rich reward,
    As waiting for the better day,
    We ever stand on guard.

Chorus


On the fourth of July we attended a get together with our family Home evening group. Back at the apartment I sang the Battle Hymn of the Republic to myself- so very grateful for both of these countries and their people.

We are fixing food to feed the Elders tomorrow, It will be hamburgers again, with a strawberry salad, some chips and cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  Life is great and we are so very happy and humble for the blessings we receive each day.





No comments:

Post a Comment