Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013

Great start to my 65th birthday- I walked/jogged 4 miles today, I shaved 15 minutes at least from my time on Friday! I am so blessed with so many wonderful friends and family that bless and enrich my life. Thanks go to all for your lovely birthday wishes.

 I'm grateful for my family unit, for parents that I miss so, for a loving brother and sister, for 7 wonderful children and 16 great grandchildren. My life's prayer and goal is to be a forever family forever.

 My bithday gift to all of my friends and family- one of my poems:

Lamps of Oil

A very long time ago the story was told
Of some bridesmaids waiting for a groom.
Some were wise and others foolish
We are lovingly reminded.
Some brought oil for their lamps,
While their friends forgot and suffered.

We each have a light that shines within
It comes from a loving Father above.
He has asked that we share His love and light
With all those who are within our grasp.
“Let your light so shine…” Christ taught,
And to “…Not put our light under a bushel…”

In our life we must find the oil for our lamps.
It’s not something that we can borrow.
We must search for it each and every day.
It is found in our acts, thoughts and deeds.
Its supply grows when we obey God’s laws.
It is there to strengthen us in all of our trials.

Charity for all tops His list of what we need do.
Small acts of service, prayer and humility too.
Temple blessings, tithing and chastity--
These things all help our oil supply grow.
Our light within can grow brighter each day
As we become more like our Lord and Master.

Charlotte P. Edwards - April 2011


Some of those that sent birthday greetings on Facebook:

  • From Charlene Edis:  ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Charlotte Dear ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Days will come to you all year ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪If I had one wish then it would be♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪A Happy, Happy Birthday to you from me♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Like ·

Robert Winderposted toCharlotte Parker Edwards
Happy Birthday Sister Edwards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment