Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I find it very sad that some people consider a gun or rifle higher than they consider God. I hope we will check ourselves on who and what we worship. A gun is not more powerful than God. A gun won't give you the opportunity to eternal life, but it can definitely take that gift away from you. Yes, I support the constitution, yes, I have gun owners in my family- but I don't need or want something that is so opposed to the law of love that Christ has asked us to show to others. You may not agree from me, that is your right.



My dislike of guns has nothing to do with the title of liberty or the cause of freedom. And I would and will always uphold both. I just believe that owning a gun does not necessarily uphold or defend the cause of liberty. Too many people, and a great deal of them not religious, almost worship that gun as an idol. The gun does not guarantee freedom, but living righteously and being an example of Christ commandment to love one another is a better and higher way to defend freedom has been the answer to my prayers. The way that we can be a light that "shineth in the darkness" of today's society is not take lives but instead to reflect and live Christ's higher law. Yes, I love you dearly and believe me, I have no right to say I'm right and you are not and I am not saying that. Peace can never be found by man's laws, but only by living and following Christ's higher law.


I have been reading the B of M, D & C, etc watching, underlining and noting all the scriptures I find that talk about the heart. I've been amazed to see how easy it is to become hard-hearted, which makes us unable to hear or follow Christ's law. Again, I'm not in anyway saying that you are. I'm just saying that it has been a very eye-opening experience as I've seen what the scriptures teach us about the heart. I love you so very much, I love your husband as my son, I am grateful for another son, your brother, that also faithfully served his country. I fully support the title of Liberty and also believe that this land is not living up to God's demands for freedom from tyranny or tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment