Saturday, March 23, 2013

Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's been a great week!  Yes, spring hasn't arrived yet. We've had more snow this week. But I have faith that spring will come. I can't wait to see the rhododendrons in bloom again! It makes me feel like I'm back home in Seattle, Washington, where I grew up.
It's very humbling to see a bus load of saints come to the temple- so anxious to be there and to do the important work of the temple. They traveled for 3-4 hours to come, and thank the Lord the weather cooperated so they could come from Prince Edward Island. 
I've started walking the halls of the apartment complex, going up and down flights of stairs- it feels good to be exercising again.
We celebrated Craig's birthday and St. Patrick's Day this week. We got to talk to family back home when they called to talk to Grandpa Craig- and that is always a very good thing.

So grateful for the knowledge that I have a loving Heavenly Father. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I look forward to Easter and honoring His atoning sacrifice. I know that prayers are answered- I see that daily in our lives and in the life of those around us. I'm grateful to know that God has a prophet on the earth- President Thomas S. Monson. I'm looking forward to General Conference and to hearing from our leaders.
I am so grateful for the priesthood authority that is on the earth and to know that I enjoy the blessings that are mine because of that authority. I'm grateful to be a mother and a grandmother to some of the very best people I know, how thankful I am for how they enrich my life. I'm grateful also for the people of Atlantic Canada- you have all enriched our lives and we have grown so much because of our associations with you- thank you so very much. Please know that there will always be a special place in our hearts for you.
Tomorrow is Sunday and going to church. I'm grateful for church leaders and teachers that help us grow in gospel knowledge. I'm thankful for the sacrament and the opportunity to renew my covenants to follow Christ, believe in him and his chosen leaders in these last day.

Saints from PEI travel by bus to come to the temple

Some of those who came by bus! Taken outside the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment