Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday, March 13th- my letter to President Leavitt this week-

It's looking like a great week. Will miss the trip to Newfoundland this week, but please know that all who go will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers.  We hope to see more members from Newfoundland in the temple as they can come. The temple continues to be such a wonderful place to be 4 days a week. We learn from the patrons, the workers, the Temple Presidency and Matrons. We pray always that our inactive children will return and be with us in the temple some day. Just to let you know, I do my scripture study each night- Since mid-December I have started the Book of Mormon, read the Doctrine and Covenants and am back on the Book of Mormon. I have also re-read October's conference talks in preparation for this upcoming conference.  At the present time I am searching for scriptures referring to "heart" and have a notebook where I log each scripture and how it refers to "heart"--it is teaching me so very much.
I have been using empty water bottles and milk jugs with water in them as weights which I work on every day. I'm now running/jogging (post-stroke speed-slowish) the hallways of the apartment each evening. I'm up to 14 laps and flights of stairs. We pray always for opportunities to share the Gospel and we keep working on opening our mouths to talk to people.  We have been going through some mix-up with what we have been paying for rent and changes that were made to that without being informed. Craig has been speaking to Elder Weibe, and to people at the Missionary Dept.  We feel bad that extra money was being withdrawn from our home Ward without our knowledge since September.
This Gospel is true, Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer- I gladly stand as a witness of that each and every day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment