Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday, March 3, 2013

It's been a busy week. My thoughts are with those around me who are sick and suffering from back injuries etc.  You are in our thoughts and prayers. Have been doing alot of genealogy lately working on my mother's father's line. Where would we be today with our ancestors? I'm so grateful for the sacrifices they made during their lives that enabled me to be born where I was.
We are probably heading for a quick trip to Maine this week to see a dentist. Need to pack up some things to send home while we are stateside. Always alot to do. God does hear our prayers, we need to always remember to ask for His will to be done, no matted what the situation is.
Got to teach the Young Women's class today, while the ward was in a special combined meeting. Wonderful girls, amazingly quiet, but you can feel of their wonderful spirits! To be asked to teach them about our Savior's Atoning Sacrifice was very humbling.
I so liked my husband's comment to them: Christ atoned for our sins- we are talking about a verb, something that happened many, many years ago. While the Atonement is a noun, it goes on each and every day as we live in this mortal life, and are in need of repentance and forgiveness"  So grateful to be learning each and every day from the experiences that I am blessed with by my Heavenly Father.
Looking forward to Good Friday on March 29th. We will have a long day at the temple and look forward to the patrons that will come then- hope to see you there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment